Monday, October 8, 2012

If I fail as a writer, I shall be a mailman.

I love getting mail.
And not just any mail, every time I see an envelope from school I know it's about to ask me for more money.
But letters in the mail, free samples, postcards, birthday cards, wedding invitations, thank you notes, all in the mail addressed to me in black ink.
And that exciting moment as you tear into the envelope, the paper fraying, perhaps marked a bit from its journey from the writer to my mailbox.
And opening the letter to discover its contents and the news of friends far away.
I write a lot of letters as well.
Everybody keeps telling me that the mail service is dying and that everything is boiled down to the digital way of communicating, but I am on a one woman mission to stop that.
No experience can match that of discovering a hand written letter in the mailbox.
Nothing.
so please if you would like to become my pen pal, e-mail me your address! I will gladly write you a letter, only please write me back, it is only common courtesy of the letter writing world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment