Thursday, November 8, 2012

George Lucas...what did you do?

I know that this is probably old news but being a HUGE Star Wars geek I felt the need to comment on this most recent tranaction between George Lucas and the Disney company.
A) Disney is getting HUGE! they are buying out everything!!!! I mean there is even a Disney village!!! Cartoons are going to take over the world! Not that I wouldn't mind that, they are adorable and I would imagine it would be like the "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" movie, but I can't help but notice that Disney seems involved with everything.
B) George Lucas why did you sell Star Wars? I loved the original movies and the newer ones had potential. There is still so much you could do! Heck they are still making Star Trek movies and you could still be making Star Wars movies! but Disney? cartoons? Not sure if I am totally sold about this whole idea.
If I was George Lucas you know what I would have done?
I would read the fan ficiton, the blogs, the ideas that ping about online about Star Wars: these movies have tons of fans! Listen to them they have great ideas!
Then I would have gathered myself a team of just graduated college students who have skills in writing and a veracious mind to prove themselves in the outside world.
Then I would have written a new movie, perhaps going off of some characters from the original three, but I would  attempt to bring in new characters.
And they would make millions.
Why?
Cause I just know.
The Force is with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment