Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Quit Scaring me!!!!

All day today I feel that I have done nothing but gasp at things that jump out at me or surprise me.
First, I thought I missed a very important meeting, which is next week Wednesday, and frantically flipped through the pages of my planner, checked my e-mail and my other calender to make sure I was not reading the dates wrong.
Then at work, one of my co-workers snuck up behind me and grabbed me by the sides. Lets look beyond the fact that I don't really like being grabbed in the first place, but he also scared the crap out of me, sending my blood pressure through the roof, and inhaled so hard that it made me cough, not cool.
Later, when it was just my boss and I closing up the conference center, he snuck up on me while I was in a very noisy dish room washing dishes. I nearly broke 12 plates.
I normally do get startled a lot and am an absolute wreck in haunted houses or scary movies and I can't help but think why?
Am  I really jumpy? Too high strung? A bit up tight?
I never thought I was.
Yet here I am,
breathing really hard,
heart pounding,
and scared.
Well just stop it world.
Just stop scaring me.
I don't like it.
Please, just quit scaring me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment